We are In a “connected world”. In a pool of data. everything is traceable and easily understandable in real-time. or even in advance. Data now plays a crucial role in every organization’s manufacturing process. According to Arthur C. Clark, “Any sufficiently sophisticated technology is undetectable from magic.” Big data techniques and technologies are becoming more popular and developing quickly. thanks to cutting-edge breakthroughs in this field. To achieve a competitive edge through the utilization of data. Big data organizations are actively monitoring the most recent developments in big data analytics. “Datafication trends” is going to make real technological discussion. shall we go?
As they do not want to run the danger of falling behind. businesses are dipping their toes into the big datafication trends. This article examines four current big data analytics trends that are influencing the use of cutting-edge tools like Hadoop and NoSQL.
Well, is that so important? Let’s get to work.
All of these movements rely heavily on data as an enabler. We now have access to tremendous amounts of data because of all the digitalization that has taken place in our world, and data is now every organization’s most valuable corporate asset. We may utilize data to learn more about our consumers, investigate important patterns, and gain an understanding of what is effective inside our businesses.
But before that shall we clarify some concepts?
What is Datafication?
Basically, this is the meaning of datafication. The process of turning people, things, and activities into digital data. Many academics contend that datafication is rising as more aspects of social life. that take place in digital environments. which is related to the expansion of;
- digital technology,
- big data.
Datafication transforms a wide range of information into
- machine-readable data for aggregation
Another name for this concept is “datification”. which refers to the idea that everything in the world is viewed as a source of data. It’s like “mining”. That is for correlations or sales. in order to learn more about societal problems and human behavior. This phrase is frequently available to academics who want to challenge such logic and procedures.
How does it work?
When something is “dataficated,” it means that the routine relationships of living things can convert into a data type. and apply to society. Datafication trends show the way.
Examples: There are more datafication instances here. Let’s assume that social media sites, like Facebook or Instagram, monitor and gather data.
In data science, what is datafication?
Are datafication and data science the same? No, there is a difference. Datafication is the process of converting an organization into a data-driven corporation using a variety of tools, technologies, and techniques. This catchphrase refers to an organizational trend. in which dependence on data and its supporting infrastructure. a global scale defines the key to basic company activities.
Why is datafication important?
We are now able to comprehend the world at a certain level. that we did not test before. because of Datafication trends.
- To acquire, store,
- analyze, and
- visualize that data,
emerging innovations are now readily available. They are for businesses to their advantage. For instance, marketers use data from Twitter and Facebook to ascertain and forecast sales.
Datafication, which enables real-time observation. And also predictive analysis. the conversion of social action into online quantifiable data. Today, at the same time practically everything we do creates a trail of data breadcrumbs. whether it’s;
- messaging pals,
- purchasing coffee,
- using a shopping card,
- streaming music.
And the amount of data in our environment has increased at an unparalleled rate.
Let’s take a simple example for easy digestion…
Social media platforms like Facebook or Instagram are an example. These platforms gather and track data about our friendships. in order to promote goods and services to us. As well as provide security services to government organizations. which in turn alters our behavior. We also see daily promotions on these platforms as a result of the tracked data. By utilizing datafication, this technique reframes the process of creating content. That is to inform rather than rely on recommendation engines.
That is the use of Datafication trends. Isn’t it interesting?
Does datafication affect social life?
Well, a great question. But the developers are focusing on real good answers. Meanwhile, we’ll include some positive comeback.
Let’s think about it in this way…
Understanding the digital society aids in paying attention to ordinary data-related experiences. particularly in light of datafication politics and data-related inequities. By concentrating on daily activities, it is possible to discern how frameworks of datafication are both constituted by and integral to social life. In visions of datafication conjured up by ideas like;
- data colonialism
- surveillance capitalism,
There is little room for acts of agency. but with a daily life lens, we may look for them. The relevance of people’s sentiments and values in their encounters with data and frequently banal acts of the agency is brought home when we pay attention to the daily.
The social impact of Datafication: are you aware?
Social injustices affect how people conduct their lives and provide a variety of uncomfortable data experiences. as a result, no two people lead identical lives, and communities that are already subject to social injustice are more likely to face prejudice in data-driven systems. Therefore, we also need to pay attention to the connection between inequality and datafication. In summary, in the broad mission of understanding and addressing data power, seemingly nonpolitical, mundane, daily interactions with data are just as significant as more overtly political occurrences.
If we ignore the political nature of every day, after that, we lose a lot.
Professor of Digital Society at the University of Sheffield, Helen Kennedy oversees the Living With Data study initiative. She is curious about how “ordinary people” perceive new technological advancements and how these insights might help digital practitioners address issues of inequality in their work. She investigates how people view and feel about “datafication,” the potential for data-related agency, and if using data inspires people to take action.
Of course, these objectives can change over time. But we include that for you to research in the future.
Let’s move on to the privacy matter…
Is datafication a risk to privacy?
Well, a good question. another key point is this. The truth is in this digital world, there is less possibility of saving privacy. If you allow all available interests, then where is the privacy? It’s almost gone or less trust.
This is a huge problem in the future society. In digital environments, no privacy level is 100% safe. And this is not only related to datafication, it is everywhere.
There are further instances of datafication in the process.
- Data used in insurance to update business models and risk profiles.
- Banking: Information used to determine a person’s creditworthiness and the chance of repaying a loan.
- Human resources utilize Data, for instance, to determine employee risk-taking characteristics.
- Recruitment and hiring: Data is utilized in place of personality tests.
- By replacing sample techniques, datafication focuses on the methodology of social science research.
The future of datafication
In this chapter, we are going to discuss the future of this technology.
- Human Resources obtain Data: from mobile phones, apps, or social media usage. This data can now use to identify potential employees. and their specific characteristics. such as risk-taking profile and personality. This data will replace personality tests. Rather than using the traditional personality tests or the exams that measure analytical thinking. using these data, datafication will change existing exam providers. Also, with this data, there is a chance to deploy new personality measures.
- Insurance and Banking Data: can aim to understand an individual’s risk profile and likelihood to pay a loan.
- Customer relationship Management: Various industries are using datafication to understand their customers better and create appropriate triggers based on each customer’s personality and behavior. This data is obtained from the language and tone a person uses in an email, phone call, or social media. In an email, phone call, or social media post, a person’s language, and tone are used to gather this information.
- Cities Datafying Issues: that can occur in transportation, waste collection, logistics, and energy, among other areas, will be identified and addressed by the data collected from the sensors installed in the cities before they become severe problems. When there is heavy traffic, people can alter their usual routes. Cities may have a more thorough grasp of the pollution levels with sensors that can detect air and water quality and can implement new restrictions based on real-time data.
In this writing, above all, if you look closely, you may notice this datafication technology appears in various forms. Did you? not exactly similar. But there are some relative aspects. Datafication trends will make a positive remark in the digital world.